repeating bar numbers and rehearsal marks in frenched score

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: repeating bar numbers and rehearsal marks in frenched score
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:39:28 +0100

I'm creating a full orchestra score and want to have the bar numbers
and rehearsal figures display three times vertically. I'm doing this
using a Dynamics context like this:

  \context {
    \Dynamics
    \consists Mark_engraver
    \consists Bar_number_engraver
    \consists Text_engraver
  }

and then:

\score {
  <<
    \new Dynamics { \bars }
    \new StaffGroup .... etc winds
    \new Dynamics { \bars }
    \new StaffGroup .... etc brass
    \new Dynamics { \bars }
    \new StaffGroup .... etc strings

}

This all works fine until I use \RemoveEmptyStaves on the intervening
Staffs. Then, for example when the brass are all not playing on one
page, I get two rehearsal figures without a staff in between.

Is it possible to get the Dynamics contexts to be aware of when the
intervening staffs have been removed?

Minimal example attached and any thoughts appreciated.

--
Mark Knoop