Re: tempo markings and LilyJAZZ

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: tempo markings and LilyJAZZ
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 01:53:31 +0200

2013/8/26 Marc Hohl <address@hidden>:
> Hi list,
>
> does anyone have a workaround for the following problem?
>
> The small notes in a tempo marking are missing when I use the
> preliminary LilyJAZZ version:
>
> \version "2.17.25"
>
> \include "LilyJAZZ.ily"
>

> \relative c' {
>   \jazzOn
>   \tempo "Swing" 4 = 120
> }
>
> (This won't compile without having the LilyJAZZ files installed!)
>
> The console output claims that infinity or NaN is replaced by 0.0
> in the output.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc

Hi Marc,

the problem:

MetronomeMark is formatted by
metronomeMarkFormatter = #format-metronome-markup
(in engraver-init.ly)

'format-metronome-markup' calls 'metronome-markup'
(in translation-functions.scm)

'metronome-markup' uses 'note-by-number'
(from define-markup-commands.scm)

'note-by-number' gets the glyphs to use from fetaMusic (!!)

I see no easy way to change it.
In the end it might be less effort to rewrite a (shortened)
markup-command for use with LilyJAZZ.

Greetings,
  Harm