Re: How to tweak/override the individual Glissando objects in a chord?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: How to tweak/override the individual Glissando objects in a chord?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:42:40 +0200

Hi,

2013/8/21 Dominic <address@hidden>:
> Hello all, sorry for the frequent posting

No problem!  I've noticed that you write excellent descriptive email
subjects - that's very good (and that's why i looked at this email) :)

> Here is a small example:
> /\relative c' { <a'' b c>1 \glissando <c, d e>1 }/
>
> If I wanted to modify those glissando lines (e.g. move one of them slightly
> lower), how would I go about doing that without affecting the other two?

Unfortunately there is no "user-level" syntax for this - you have to
write a Scheme function that will hook into formatting process.
Fortunately, i found an example (in Lily's regression tests
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/input/regression/collated-files.html)
and was easy to modify it to do what you want:

\relative c' {
  \once \override Voice.Glissando.extra-offset =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (if (= 1 (ly:grob-property grob 'glissando-index)) '(0.8 . 0.3)
  <a'' b c>1 \glissando <c, d e>1
}

best,
Janek