Re: maintaining advanced power-user Scheme functions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: maintaining advanced power-user Scheme functions
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:37:29 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Version control _can_ be useful for a collection like the LSR. Think
> of providing snippets for more than one LilyPond version. If I'm using
> 2.16 I will download a different snippet than for 2.17.24 ...

But that's not what version control is for.  Version control does not
fundamentally work with a series of codependent equally active HEADs,
but rather has one principal HEAD of development, and historic
references (quite likely containing _inferior_ code, and inferior for
reasons that are often only marginally related to the LilyPond version).

--
David Kastrup