Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 129, Issue 72

From: Mats Behre
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 129, Issue 72
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:15:59 +0200

On 2013-08-16 22:28, Philippe wrote:

David Kastrup wrote
>Actually, this works fine with Emacs and a number of PDF viewers as
>well.
Regarding the use of others editors with point-and-click, it doesn't work
out of the box with emacs or vi (and skim a previewer) on a mac (even if I
tried to...): clicking on a pdf launches the lilypad editor. At this time
frescobaldi and lilypondtool are the only working for me. Yet another thing
to investigate on my schedule.

This is because the 'textedit' URI scheme used by the PDFs is bound to
lilypond.app.
I have a small AppleScript-based dispatcher called LilyPoint - which I think I
found at some time on the LilyPond site, but can't find anymore - that opens
the file using my preferred editor (Eddie).
Judging from the variable names in the script I have probably adapted it from a
version intended for Emacs.
(Why this app is started instead of lilypond.app I don't know - possibly I have
double-clicked it once and not used lilypond.app ...)

Mats