Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:45:25 +0200

Derek <address@hidden> writes:

> Believe me if I were a programmer I would and I am sure many are in
> the same boat.

The boat of the passive-aggressive passenger?  There are a number of
recipes around which are apparently working only sometimes and for some
people.  Why?  That requires the will for experimentation and
perseverence.  Sure, programmers might have that, but it's not exclusive
to them.

The above sounds like "Believe me if I were a hero I would sign a
petition against overboarding surveillance" to me.  Things are not as
bad as that.  Yet.  If people are willing to do what they can.  Which
may be more or less, but that's not an excuse for those able to
contribute less to demand that the others bear the load alone.

In my youth, I had to solder my computer together, write my own BIOS
(not to be confused with the existing monitor ROM) and bootstrap loader,
write my own arcade games.  No, I wasn't born a programmer.  It was just
what was necessary to move ahead.  "If only someone else did things for
me" was not really an option.  Of course I was young and had plenty of
time.

But working out the bad kinks from existing recipes and streamlining
them into a workable process that, perhaps, someone else might cast into
a program or script eventually is not on the same level of difficulty.

Yes, it's very likely an exercise in frustration.  That's life.

--
David Kastrup