Re: Dynamics, spacers, and partcombine used at once.

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Dynamics, spacers, and partcombine used at once.
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 22:36:54 +0200

Hi,

2013/8/15 Dominic <address@hidden>:
> dynamic-positioning.ly
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n149192/dynamic-positioning.ly>
> The following problem occurs with both 2.16.2 (stable) and 2.17.23
> (unstable).
>
> Here are my observations:
> - If the dynamic is attached directly to the note, it is positioned
> correctly.
> - If it is attached to a spacer, it is positioned too far to the left,
> /unless/ the whole construction is explicitly wrapped in *\new Voice*. This
> 'solves' the problem in simple cases.
> - However, when the music consists of *\partcombine*d material, (which mine
> does) the dynamics are positioned wrongly, /even/ if I wrap the whole
> construction in a *\new Voice*.

I have a patch that fixes this, i.e. in all cases the dynamic is
aligned correctly.  It is a part of a bigger patch series, related to
issue 3239 (http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3239)
and my old gsoc work.  These patches are currently waiting till the
stable release is out.
If you'd like to use a custom Lilypond build that includes these
patches, let me know.

> The incorrect positioning may seem small [...]

not to me :)

best,
Janek