Re: Text in front of Staves

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Text in front of Staves
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:43:24 +1000

On 14/08/13 23:46, Kale Good wrote:
Hi Thomas,
Thanks; it works like a charm* until I need a page break; right now its
just crowding everything on one page. I put it a \pageBreak and nothing
happened, so I'm guessing that lilypond won't break simultaneous music
over a page (makes sense). Any overrides for this?

*works like a charm except for your \override VerticalAxisGroup command,
which I'm not super familiar with (looks right to me). Won't compile
with it, will compile without it.

wasn't planning on bringing back 19th century guitar fingering notation,
but now that you mention it... =)

When I set the Giuliani 120 exercises a couple of years ago, I did it by using Lilypond render frames in Scribus, with each exercise as a separate ly score.

See attached, which is a Scribus file showing the first two exercises set in render frames (the Lilypond code is inside the render frames, right-click on the render frame and select Edit Source to see it), and the resulting PDF output.

You need Scribus 1.5 to open the sla file. Version 1.4 can't recognise it.