Re: excluding a staff from MIDI output

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: excluding a staff from MIDI output
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:44:40 +0200

2013/8/7 Glen Larsen <address@hidden>
I often use this when developing guitar tabs so the MIDI output doesn't double up:

    \new TabStaff = "Guitar tabs" \with {
      \remove "Staff_performer"
    }

Thanks Glen, I never realized it!
I see that the size of the midi file is reduced by an half.
Most importantly,  now my midi files play only acoustic guitar.. I never realized that they played acoustic guitar for the staff and the nylon guitar (default) for TabStaff. Now I can hear the difference :-)

I don't think there's a warning on this topic in the Documentation.
I'll send a report to bug-lilypond@