Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 01:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

I'm surprised that no one else in those comments responded to any of the
LilyPond mentions.
As a former SCORE user, personally I can't possibly imagine /ever /going
back now that I've tried LilyPond. There truly is just no comparison.
Period.
With LilyPond, you're only limited by your imagination.

When I go to pack away my scores for the definitive and long-term archive
master, I engrave everything in LilyPond.
I'm currently in the process of converting all my older scores now too, to
LilyPond.

To each their own, I guess.

We'll see what Daniel and the team has planned...

Urs Liska wrote
> Am 08.08.2013 04:29, schrieb SoundsFromSound:
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> http://blog.steinberg.net/2013/08/development-diary-part-two/?fb_source=pubv1
> For now just one:
> Let's see if Kieren's comments on the post provoke _any_ response.
> Anybody ready to write a post on lilypondblog.org about polymetrics,
> absence of bar restrictions etc.?
> I would really cherish if _someone_ would do this who hasn't posted so
> far.
> Maybe less with the 'we can do better' attitude that somewhat poisoned
> my 'Finale' post(s) but rather like 'that's an interesting feature of
> LilyPond, and the Spreadbury post triggered some thoughts about it'.
> And BTW such a post would be very welcome in its own right.
>
> So _please step out_ and contact us.
>
> Urs
>>

>> -----
>> composer | sound designer