RE: tablet

From: Jan Rosseel
Subject: RE: tablet
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 21:52:02 +0200

From: Olivier Biot <address@hidden>
To: Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>
Cc: lilypond-user <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Anyone using a tablet for lily?

> I have been browsing the Internet for ePaper solutions, and have only
reached potential products so far.

> The Brussels Philharmonic quit using paper less than a year ago.

Uh no, they didn't. Short demo with big fanfare, tablets went back to
Samsung after that. Still playing on paper at the moment.
There was another demo with the choir section of the orchestra in April,
but a choir member has his hands free, so no problem in turning pages.

> I'm still unsure what device to get for replacing my pile of music
scores.

Most tablets are really too small for comfortable playing. If you look
around, you can find some 13.3"tablets. Makes a boatload of difference
for playing.