Re: Anyone using a tablet for lily?

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Anyone using a tablet for lily?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:47:42 -0400

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:39:16 -0600
address@hidden wrote:
> Is anyone using a tablet to run lilypond and if so which one?

I was thinking about getting a tablet but why run Lilypond on it?
Build your PDFs elsewhere and just use the tablet to display them.
That way you don't limit your choices and can get the tablet best
suited to your needs which, I assume, is displaying charts on stage.
You want clear, large, fast, ability to lookup or arrange set lists,
etc.  Adding Lilypond to the list of requirements may mean getting
something less ideal for your real purpose.

Of course, once you choose one, if it also runs LP then bonus.

I don't know about the original poster, but my interest in being able to run LP on my tablet is on-the-go composition. What I would be interested in is a WYSIWYG editor that would be able to take down notes and output a basic ly file, perhaps to Dropbox. I don't want all the bells and whistles, but just the ability to quickly jot down things that come to mind while I'm away from my desktop and not have to reinput them when I get home. So basic staff/voice/lyrics stuff, since that's just going to be dropped into my existing template/stylesheet when I get home. There are some point-and-click editors for Android (which is what I use), but I don't know of any that interact with LP (note that it would not need to *run* LP, just output source). So basically a stripped-down version of MuseScore or Denemo that works on Android.

Cheers,
Carl