Re: aleatoric box / frameEngraver

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: aleatoric box / frameEngraver
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:41:01 -0500

Hi Karol,

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Karol Majewski <address@hidden> wrote:

OK, so have repeat signs in \markup \Score. Now I need the extender. How can I modify David's function to start the extender without frame? For example:

c'4 \extenderStart s4*2 \extenderStop

Again, I think the best course of action here is not to omit the frame; rather, you would replace the frame with repeat-bar stencils.

The problem that I'm facing is that I can't find a convenient function in the barline interface to produce a barline stencil.  It's possible to quote massive portions of scm\bar-line.scm in the .ly file and then make some adaptations to the print function for Frame and the width function for FrameStub (see the latest version of the file at http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg83197/frameEngraver25.ly). That works, but it's just too awful.

-David