Parentheses

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Parentheses
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:32:47 +0200

Hi,

can you tell me what the \parenthesize function uses to print the parentheses? There are paren glyphs in the accidentals section, are they used for that purpose? And does this mean that I can only resize parentheses proportionally (by using a different font size)? Or is there a possibility 'stretch' them when the surrounded object is taller?

Thanks for any input
Urs