Approach to engraving the following (FrameEngraver help)

From: Dominic
Subject: Approach to engraving the following (FrameEngraver help)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:19:44 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

How would I go about engraving the following fragment of music in Lilypond?
(image below)
It needn't look precisely as in the picture, but ideally needs to have the
following elements:

- A 'time bracket' saying "20-30 seconds" (which will appear in all
orchestral parts)
- A continuation line which starts in the first bar, continues through empty
bars, and terminates with an arrowhead at an arbitrary point several bars
later.
- Maybe a box around the note, connected to the continuation line.

The content of the first bar itself should be fairly easy for me to do
myself, by overriding a semibreve notehead's stencil with an \epsfile
containing a diagonal cluster graphic.

My first thought was that I could use the 'frameEngraver' file that I've
seen on these forums, but at first glance, I don't know how I would set the
length of the arrow and the length of the bracket independently. The bracket
needs to cover the first bar only (unmeasured), but the arrow needs to
continue indefinitely through several more 4/4 bars.

As a last resort, instead of the arrows, I could just tie several semibreves
together (which would actually be clearer than the composer's existing
notation), but I would still need the standalone time-bracket. Could a fake
volta-bracket be hacked for this purpose? I have little knowledge of the
inner workings of Lilypond, so I'm sorry to have to ask, but once this small
issue is overcome, the rest of the piece appears to be plain sailing.

Thanks in advance!

Dominic

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n148383/p.png>