Re: Building blocks request for review

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Building blocks request for review
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 00:35:53 +0200

2013/7/11 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
> Am 11.07.2013 23:19, schrieb Thomas Morley:
[...]
>> Please use 2.16-syntax, if you declare \version "2.16.2" in
>> building-blocks-start.ly
>> or change the version.
>
> Hm, actually I thought about that.
> I never used 2.16 so it would mean an artificial effort to 'backport' to
> that version. But I always thought that for writing tutorials or similar
> documents it would be advisable to use stable versions.
> What would you think? Of course using the versions I'm used to is much more
> practical ...

There's currently only one command
\override Beam.stencil = ##f
with a conflict of 2.16. and 2.17.
Why not use old syntax, still working with 2.17:
\override Beam #'stencil = ##f
?
Would compile with 2.16. _and_ 2.17

[...]
>> Move \numericTimeSignature into \layout { \context { \DrumStaff ... } }
>
> dito

Probably better to use \numericTimeSignature in a Staff-context
\layout { \context { \Staff ... } }

-Harm