RE: Synchronize music of different length

From: Richard Sabey
Subject: RE: Synchronize music of different length
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:34:53 +0000

Hi Urs.

In your example, if you lay the second version out as if the notes had twice the durations they actually have, then it looks nice:

\version "16.0"

firstVersion =
\relative e'' {
e2. e4 | g2. cis,4 |
}

secondVersion =
\scaleDurations #'(2 . 1)
\relative e'' {
e4~ e16[ fis] e[ fis] g4. cis,8 |
}

\score
{
<<
\new Staff \firstVersion
\new Staff \secondVersion

}

(Note that I have corrected the beaming in the second version.)

That produces a nice result for your example. Is it what you want?

For other examples this method might be unsatisfactory. If you need to try a different method, you might like to try spacer rests ( s4 etc).