Re: Calculate BarLine 'kern to fit with a given stencil-x-extent

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Calculate BarLine 'kern to fit with a given stencil-x-extent
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 02:02:14 +0200

Forgot to answer all. So here again:

Hi Pierre,

many thanks for testing

2013/7/4 Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden>:
> 2013/7/3 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
>>
>> Hi,
>

> Hi Harm,
>

>> As you can see
>> a line with x-length  1 leads to a 'kern of   9.7
>> a line with x-length  2 leads to a 'kern of  18.3
>> a line with x-length 10 leads to a 'kern of  87
>> a line with x-length 29 leads to a 'kern of 173

I made a typo. Last line above should read:
   a line with x-length 20 leads to a 'kern of 173

> Hum, that's strange, I've tested with 2.2.21 too and I've found that :
>
> a line with x-length  1 leads to a 'kern of 10
> a line with x-length  2 leads to a 'kern of  20
> a line with x-length 10 leads to a 'kern of 100
> a line with x-length 29 leads to a 'kern of 290
>
> I can send pictures if needed ?
>
> Cheers,
> Pierre

You're right. After copying into a new file I've got proper results!
My test-file contained some scheme and custom-layout, so first I
thought there was some bleed-over into the new test-score (although I
did all to prevent that).

But no.
It was the global-staff-size.

Setting
#(set-global-staff-size 16)
will show proper output with my values, bad with yours.

So I should ask:
How to get good results with different global-staff-size?

Thanks,
  Harm