Re: Changing fingering numerals

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Changing fingering numerals
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 00:31:32 +0200

2013/6/26 Nick Payne <address@hidden>:
> On 27/06/13 00:02, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>>
>> Janek Warchoł writes:
>>
>>> More explanation: \finger doesn't mean "insert a fingering here".
>>

>> Rather, it means "use that funny time-signature-like
>>
>> font-MODELED-AFTER-ORATOR-WHICH-TRADITIONALLY-IS-ALSO-USED-IN-SMALL-SIZE-FOR-FINGERING
>> for these glyphs".
>>
>> There, FTFY.
>

> Thanksfor the explanation. The solution to get the same characters used
> turns out to be pretty simple.
>

> \version "2.17.20"
>
> \relative f'' {
>   \override Fingering.font-encoding = #'latin1
>   \override Fingering.font-size = #-2
>   \override Fingering.font-series = #'bold
>
>   <g-4> <f-2> f^\trill^\markup { \fontsize #-2 \bold "4242" }
> }

Hi Nick,

in scores for guitar-music the execution of trills are often indicated
not only with the fingers, which should be used, but with a sort of
slur above them. (Ofcourse you know that. :) )

So I remembered that Jan made some nice undertie-markup-command, issue 3088
I took that code, slightly modified it (adding some properties, etc)
and added an overtie-markup-command.
In the end I wrote a define-event-function, named slurTrill.

I think there's a wide range for improvements, but it works for now.

\version "2.17.20"

\include "undertie-02.ly"

\relative f'' {
  \override Fingering.font-encoding = #'latin1
  \override Fingering.font-size = #-2
  \override Fingering.font-series = #'bold

  <g-4\2>
  <f-2>
  \once \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left up)
  <f\slurTrill "4242" d-3>
  f\slurTrill "4242"

  Harm