Graphical note entry for wiki music [Extension:Score]?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Graphical note entry for wiki music [Extension:Score]?
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:12:20 +0200

Hi,

I am working on a GUI for LilyPond and am looking for your feedback on
the desirability or usefulness --if any-- for MediaWiki.

My desire is to have LilyPond accessible to everyone by presenting a
basic GUI initially so as to provide a more gentle introduction than
text to most people, simultaneously offering an easy way to learn the
LilyPond language and handhold them while they make the switch.

Although I started three years ago it is still mostly a play thing --I
do this just for fun and it has seen a few rewrites-- so it will be a
long way before it matches any of the power that LilyPond has, or even
that other GUIs offer right now.

I would enjoy having more focus and actual users and so early this
spring I took up the idea to create a basic web frontend alongside the
main Gnome/Gtk+ GUI.

Then, by the usual blend of sheer coincidence and providence, the
<score> extension landed.  That has kept me wondering if what I have
now could [almost] be useful for MediaWiki or WikiPedia...or what
would need to be done to make it so.

Any feedback is much appreciated!  Please have a look at

   http://lilypond.org/schikkers-list

or go straight to the LilyPond Schikkers Demo

   http://lilypond.org/schikkers/

Thankyou
Greetings, Jan

PS: as an aside, I read some complaints about Lily's SVG output on this
    list; would you please send a bug report on that, or anything else
    that you find amiss to address@hidden

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl