Re: LilyPond blog! who wants to join?

From: Gagi Petrovic
Subject: Re: LilyPond blog! who wants to join?
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 09:48:31 +0200

Dear LilyPonder, this is awesome! :) Best, Gagi

On 2 June 2013 16:17, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
2013/6/2 Nils Gey <address@hidden>:
> On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 15:39:43 +0200
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
>> However, i think that it should be just another category of posts (as
>> i've already said, i'd like this blog to be multi-authored and i'll be
>> happy to give contributor privileges to everyone, even if they write
>> one post per decade).  That's simple and i'll make such a category
>> right away.
>> Would you like to write a post immediately? :)
>
> What about giving third party programs, not hosted in the lilypond code, but which deal directly with Lilypond, a platform?
> For short announcements, not for marketing.

Let's say the rule is as follows: anything that is a valid and
interesting blog post will be accepted.  So you just have to wrap the
information you want to give into a blogpost form.

For example, imagine that you want to announce Lily 2.17.1 release.
Instead of writing something like:

  We are proud to announce the release of GNU LilyPond 2.17.1.
  This release contains the following improvements:
   - bug 235234 was fixed,
   - feature foobar was added,
   - objects use skylines instead of boxes for calculating collisions.

whis is boring, write something like this:

  After several months of intense development, an important improvement
  is implemented in the newly released LilyPond 2.17.1: the program no
  longer treats objects as if they were rectangles, but uses skylines to
  approximate their shapes.  Thanks to this feature, things that used to look
  like this:
  <ugly image>
  now look like this:
  <nice image>
  There are several other improvements in this version - you can see
  a full list here <link>.

I think you can see the difference immediately.
So, everyone's invited - just write in a way that can be interesting
to outsiders as well as long-time users.

best,
Janek