Re: Re:Re: strange problem with instrument name

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Re:Re: strange problem with instrument name
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 15:26:22 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>

Here's a boiled down example compiling without any complaint in
2.16.2, triggering a segfault with 2.17.19:

Your example doesn't crash my Windows Vista 64 bit lilypond, so I'm guessing both the original "crashing" example and this one are related to memory allocation. On my machine with your example the lilypond binary took about 330 Megs of memory but completed in about 35 seconds. Haipeng's example ran for 1' 50" and took 375 Megs of memory before crashing. My guess is that a minor change to some aspect of memory allocation has just tipped this over into a failed attempted allocation.

--
Phil Holmes