Re: problem with \RemoveEmptyStaves

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: problem with \RemoveEmptyStaves
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:55:42 -0700

On Wed, 29 May 2013 02:58:44 -0700, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

In a big score, it removes staves even if only a single system fits
on a page, see the attached image.
 How can I avoid this?

The last time this question came up, the suggestion was
  http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=312
Probably you will want to adapt that to apply to the whole Score.

Thanks.  *Very* kludgy.

No, not at all.  The RemoveEmptyStaves feature was intended to be adjusted in
that way, so the solution in that snippet is a safe and direct way to avoid
removing staves when you don't want them removed.  It will not break at the
next LilyPond version or interfere with anything else.

I just tried it.  I changed Staff to Score in showMultiRests and at the places
where I want all the staves to print I put \once\showMultiRests in the voice I
use for tempo and time signatures.

Doing what you want requires compiling twice: once to see where only one system
fits on a page, then place \once\showMultiRests and compile again.  Putting the
empty staves back where you want them should not change the page breaks, so you
won't need go in circles.