Re: general help

From: Ursus
Subject: Re: general help
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 07:31:42 -0700 (PDT)

-SNIP-

> The score is 34 measures, piano with one voice. It is 9kb and can be
> downloaded from
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30381737/spleen.ly
> Thanks in advance

I can make the ottavation work perfectly - could you provide the code that
fails, please?

As to style - if I were typesetting this, I would not use all the implied
voice constructs << { } \\ {} >>.  I would set each voice as its own
variable and then explicitly set the voicing and use \new Voice within a
staff - this way you can have more control of whether you select voiceOne,
voiceTwo, voiceThree, etc.  But this is personal preference.

--
Phil Holmes

Looking into the matter for the \new voice vs the <<{}\\{}>> I have rewritten the first 4 bars for the piano right hand.
This now looks as follows, any remarks?

<<

\new Voice ="first"

{