Re: Left align first word of lyrics

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Left align first word of lyrics
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:32:29 +0200 (CEST)

Indeed, many thanks, I did not expect that the solution would be so trivial. I tried with various values of self-alignment-X, but not with -1...

-1 is the same as LEFT

Okay, I did not read the manual carefully enough (again). I know and see that you put much effort in it, but please understand that lambda users do not always find their way through it.

The solution is not perfect, however. I was more expecting a solution where the note is centered above the lyrics, and the lyrics aligned left; in this case the lyrics are indeed left aligned, but the note is also left aligned...

What should the lyrics be left-aligned to then if not to the note?

To each other.  This would give something like:

Cccc
Ccccc
Cc
Ccc

with the note on the first line, and the lyrics on the five next lines. The lyrics are all left-aligned, and the note is centered on the longest lyric.

Gregory