Re: Feature Request: Chromatic note names

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Chromatic note names
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:04:39 +0200

On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 05:42 -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> I think i have all i need now, it will just take some time to digest.
>
> About the \include, can i just add my chromatic.ly language files and other
> templates to this directory, instead of having a copy with every musical
> file I make?
>
> /"Files which are to be included in many scores may be placed in the
> LilyPond directory ‘../ly’. (The location of this directory is
> installation-dependent - see Other sources of information). These files can
> then be included simply by naming them on an \include statement. This is how
> the language-dependent files like ‘english.ly’ are included."/

You can also store this file (and other 'library' files) in any location
on your disk and make sure LilyPond finds this file.
- add it to your global search path
- start lilypond with the -dinclude option
- Frescobaldi has a setting for this too

When you save it into LilyPond's installation you will have to repeat
that each time you update LIlyPond.

Best
Urs