Re: Absolute positioning of staves and measures

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Absolute positioning of staves and measures
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 15:46:00 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 15.05.2013, 08:18 -0400 schrieb Carl Peterson:
> I think this is what you're looking for on staff
> position:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/explicit-staff-and-system-positioning.

Thanks, I'll look better into this ...

> Regarding measure width, I looked
> here:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/horizontal-spacing-overview.
>  It says there's no convenient way to do this. I'm thinking there might be a
> way to use {\override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn #'padding = #10} on a
> separate voice to achieve what you want.

I thought I had an idea to use \hspace in a \markup.
With a single staff only for the markups it works (i.e. if you comment
the \music line out of the following example).
But it doesn't work because obviously the \textLengthOn in the 'spacing'
variable also affects the 'music'.

Urs

spacing = {
  \textLengthOn