Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.10

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.10
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 23:03:09 -0400

On May 12, 2013, at 10:24 PM, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:

> Struggling through with installing this on a Mac, how the heck does one get
> Poppler to work?  Jeez, after installing nearly a GB of dependencies,
> everything seems to work but Poppler.

Hi Tim,  Glad you've got Frescobaldi working except for Poppler.  I haven't
tackled upgrading to 2.0.10 yet, but I previously got Poppler to work with
2.0.8 by installing it through MacPorts.  Here's my current version info, if
that's helpful:

Frescobaldi: 2.0.8
Python: 2.7.3
Qt: 4.8.4
PyQt4: 4.9.6
sip: 4.14.2
Operating System:
Darwin-12.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit

And here are some notes I made for myself, FWIW:

Use macports to install:
- poppler (using +qt4 variant (also added +quartz variant, but that's probably
not necessary))

- use terminal to install poppler-qt from their site as described on
frescobaldi site
  (note: I had to add "sudo" before python "setup.py install" to get it to work)

--
-Paul Morris