Re: Rookie transpose / bookpart questions

From: Nathan
Subject: Re: Rookie transpose / bookpart questions
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:55:32 -0700

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Jim Long <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm creating some jazz charts that require a transposed lead
sheet for a Bb or Eb instrument.  I haven't messed with \bookpart
much before. [...]

Try adding this to the score block:

\score {
  % ...
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Voice
      \consists "Pitch_squash_engraver"

When typesetting slash notation, I use this snippet: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=332. You don't have to worry about transposition because the slashes are really rests. (Also, it doesn't add weird notes to the MIDI output.)

Regards,
Nathan