Re: Omitting notes, tablature numbers

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Omitting notes, tablature numbers
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 17:09:21 +0200

Am 12.05.2013 10:51, schrieb address@hidden:
> Hi,
>

> I'd like to use lilypond to build notation exercises. That requires, for
> example, that I output chord names, but not the corresponding notes, or
> notes, but not the corresponding tablature. Still, I'd want the empty
> staffs or string tabs to show on the output.
>

> I've tried removing engravers for the various contexts, but it seems
> real hard to convince lilypond NOT to do its job, i.e.: outputting notes.
>

> Could anyone help, please?

Hi,

you could just use spacer rests instead of notes/chords: s4

or you could try: \hideNotes \unHideNotes
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/inside-the-staff#hidden-notes
(this does not hide slurs etc.)

or remove the engravers as you did (you have to find all of them, here
are the names, in case you are searching):
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/internals/engravers-and-performers

or look here for the stencil = ##f or the transparent = ##t methods
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects
(\hide and \omit in newer versions, but not yet documented as far as I know)

These are possiblities, I know of.
HTH,
Joram