How to get multiple text spanners at the same height?

From: Peter Toye
Subject: How to get multiple text spanners at the same height?
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:45:10 +0100

I need to have a sequence of text spanners (like Rall --- en --- tan --- do)

The problem is that because of the varying height of objects on the stave, the following code places the different bits of text at different vertical positions.

I can't see anything in the documentation about forcing the text spanners to follow on from each other. What am I missing please?

\version "2.16.2"

\language "english"

OboePart= {

  \key a \minor
   \clef treble
  \time 2/4

  \relative c'' {
   \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "Rallen"
    g8.\startTextSpan g16 g8 g8 | b4\>
    \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "tando"
    a~\stopTextSpan\startTextSpan| a2\stopTextSpan \bar "|."

\score {
  \new Staff \with {
    instrumentName = "Oboe"
  }