Re: LilyPond 2.16+ on WINE 1.0

From: Silas S. Brown
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.16+ on WINE 1.0
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 21:48:11 +0100

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 12:50:46PM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 08:43:13PM +0100, Silas S. Brown wrote:
> > Thanks Francisco.  Unfortunately the recommended installers
> > don't work for installing modern Lilypond on Debian Sarge.
> Bug report please.

You mean, installing modern Lilypond on an ancient Linux
distro is supposed to be supported?

Well, I downloaded
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/linux-x86/lilypond-2.16.2-1.linux-x86.sh
and chmod +x'd it and ran it, and it seemed to install,
but then when I tried to run Lilypond it said:

/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1:
version "GCC_4.0.0" not found (required by
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond)

so it seems this version of Lilypond won't run without a
version of the GCC library that came with GCC 4.

It'll have to bundle all its dependent libraries (and
hope there's no kernel dependencies in there) to work.

Silas