beams and note stems

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: beams and note stems
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 08:30:26 -0700

Hello:

A metered arpeggiated chord is in my piano staff. It has been coded in two ways (see attached files). Using automatic beaming (auto.ly) all of the notes are beamed and the stems are of unequal and distracting length. Using manual beaming (manual.ly) the stem are of equal length and the beams are separated.

How can I get all of the notes beamed and the stems of consistent length?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mark