[OT?] Roman Numeral Analysis Fonts

From: padovani
Subject: [OT?] Roman Numeral Analysis Fonts
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 10:26:32 -0300

Hi,

I've released two fonts for "Roman Numeral" Analysis...
as the music symbols (sharps, flats, double sharps, doubles flats) are based on Emmentaler, I've thought that would be nice to distribute also among LilyPonders..

There is a PT and an EN version. I use them to prepare music analysis of IMSLP scores or images in LibreOffice (yes, I'm aware that LilyPond has features to do Roman Numeral analysis, but my fonts...).

The font use is somewhat tricky. In a macbook US International - PC layout one can notate things with simple keys (note names and grades/uppercase/lowercase), alt+keys (columns of numbers/intervals), shift+keys (alterations) and alt+shift+keys (Np, Fr, etc.).

As an example, to notate something like I64 one can type it, with this layout, like that
"1" / space / [alt+6] / [alt+r] / [space or tab]

Hope it works well in other OSes in some layout (some feedback would be nice).

You find the fonts here:
http://zepadovani.info/etc.html

As some parts of the font come from Emmentaler I've released them in the same license (GPLv3 with exception that derived documents can be released with any license). I'm not an expert in these license issues, so if someone find any failure regarding this, please tell me...

Number, letters and other symbols are based in DejaVu Sans, and it may be usefull to use it to write other annotations...

Well... the font is not really "professional", but it is helping me a lot to prepare music materials to my students. Maybe in the future I will write a guide about how to use it and a second font family, to make Functional Harmony analysis.

cheers,
josé