Re: Problem with encoding unicode

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Problem with encoding unicode
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 21:01:01 +1000

Hello Peter,

The codepoint you are referring to is from the ancient Cypriot script. The code block for this script was added to Unicode Standard in April 2003 (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_syllabary).

I see no reason why you shouldn't set a score in an ancient script - can you let us know if that is what you are doing?

The problem is that you need to find a font for ancient Cypriot. There are not too many around, as far as I know.

But TeX etc supports this script so there may be something in that universe.

The Cypriot syllabary is related to Linear A and Linear B, so I am fascinated!

Andrew