RE: scheme function help

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: RE: scheme function help
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 18:07:08 +0100

I don't have any answers for you but only sympathy for a fellow struggler.

I have many years of experience with several languages but Scheme seems so
idiosyncratic that it is difficult to learn. Each
particle of knowledge seems to be standalone and not transferable to a new
situation nothing is intuitive.

I would plead for a better introduction to Scheme and the Lilypond interface
especially ly: definitions more completed examples
would help.

Each tweak and frig appears as an individual the code may be cocmopolitan but
to the tyro sounds like the tower of babel.

Lilpond is great but it is b***** hard to learn.