Jianpu script vs. full-bar rests

From: James Harkins
Subject: Jianpu script vs. full-bar rests
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:45:53 +0800

Hi,

Is anyone working with Silas Brown's jianpu-ly.py script? [1]

I'm wondering if anyone has modified it to provide a way to escape
part of the input text and embed Lilypond code literally. The
documentation (on the webpage) doesn't describe how to handle, for
instance, multi-measure rests. So I think it would be really useful to
be able to write something like:

4/4 1=G

R1*5
2/4 R2
3/4 R2.
4/4 R1*3

q5 q5 q3 q5 c2. q3
q5 s3 s2 q1 q2 s3 s2 s3 s5 c2 ~ 2 - - 0

... and get (partially) the attached image. (To get this image, I had
to insert the full-bar rests into the generated LP code by hand...
which is feasible, but doesn't support editing very well.)

I expect it wouldn't be that hard to handle in the Python code...
unfortunately, I've never done anything with Python, so I thought I
would ask if someone already did it.

Thanks,
hjh

[1] http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/ssb22/mwrhome/jianpu-ly.html