Re:default margins and lilypond-book

From: Jeremy Boor
Subject: Re:default margins and lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:44:39 -0600

Urs,

Actually, I didn't know about \includepdf. I use LaTex for papers and
things, but I'm no guru. I'll check out \includepdf.

My interest in using lilypond-book is mostly a result of my needing to
include front-matter (especially TOC) in the finished product. The
scores are complete scores of folk songs (vocal line and
chord-diagrams) that are 1-3 pages long. I use \lilypondfile to get
them into LaTex.

I'll try \includepdf, but the main thing is that I need TOC entries
for each piece.

I expect to be doing more books like this and I'd rather have a solid
lilypond/latex system than go trying to learn scribus or something.

For this project, my stop-gap measure has been to make the TOC
separately in LaTex (manually entering page numbers from my lilypond
output) then tacking the pdf's together with pdfjam.  It winds up like
this:
http://jboor.net/roz/book/bookRozTOC2.pdf

This is fine, but if I later do one that requires an afterword or
introductions to each piece, I'll need to be able to switch back and
forth between LaTex and lilypond while keeping page-numbering
consistent.

Thanks for your quick response.
-Jeremy