Re: Brackets between notes

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Brackets between notes
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 21:53:43 +0100

> I would like to have brackets/spanners between notes like they are
> common in musical education to show semitones (= \/) and tone (= |_|) as
> shown on this page: http://www.akkorde.info/dur-akkorde.html
> (I would prefer them without slope/ends on same vertical position).

I tried also \[ and \] which looks like one of those - but it is always
above the staff and the semitone-version is missing.

And I have found a possible solution in the German Lilypond forum:
http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=658.0
However, these brackets do not adapt to the distance of notes (see
example below).

Any ideas, how to achieve this?

Joram

Example:

\version "2.16.0"

% from http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=658.0
tone = \markup { \postscript #"
  -1.8 -2 moveto
  0 -1 rlineto
  1.8  0 rlineto
  0 1 rlineto
  stroke"
}

semitone = \markup { \postscript #"
  -1.8 -2 moveto
  .9 -1 rlineto
  .9 1 rlineto
  stroke"
}

% test:
\score {
  \relative c' {
    c d e_\tone f_\semitone g
  }
  \layout { ragged-right = ##t } % default with between note heads
  % -> looks ok
}

\score {
  \relative c' {
    c d e_\tone f_\semitone g
  }
  \layout { ragged-right = ##f} % streched to line width
  % -> markup not streched, of course