how to keep BarNumber above pedal indications?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: how to keep BarNumber above pedal indications?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 22:20:15 -0400

Hello all,

My BarNumbers are being pushed down by my pedal brackets, as shown in the
following minimal example:

\version "2.17"
\language "english"

\layout {
  \context {
    \name PianoPedals
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \consists "Piano_pedal_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #UP
    pedalSustainStrings = #'("Ped." "*Ped." "*")
    pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \accepts PianoPedals
    barNumberVisibility = #all-bar-numbers-visible
    \override BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #t #t)
    \override BarNumber #'direction = #DOWN

theNotes = \relative c'' {
  \repeat "unfold" 32 { c4 }
}

thePedals = {
  s1*2 s1*2\sustainOn s1*2\sustainOff
}

\score {
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff \theNotes
      \new PianoPedals \thePedals

}

I've tried a bunch of things to stop this from happening (e.g., messing with
outside-staff-priority), but nothing seems to work.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thahks,
Kieren.