Re: Repeating stanza numbers

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: Repeating stanza numbers
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:37:15 +1300

On 7/03/2013, at 5:13 am, Laura Conrad <address@hidden> wrote:

>    Matthew> shortVocalName does allow multiple verses: in the lyrics,
>    Matthew> wherever you say '\set stanza' also say '\set
>    Matthew> shortVocalName'.  You may not like the position of the
>    Matthew> numbers though (outside the left of the staff).
>
> I don't.  Is there a workaround?

As I said in a message posted very shortly after the one you quoted, it can be
changed with an X-offset in the layout; e.g.
 \override InstrumentName #'X-offset = #3

> I'm setting some stuff from the Ravenscroft psalter (first try
> <http://serpentpublications.org/wordpress/?page_id=20&id=777>), and some
> of the psalms have *lots* of verses.

I didn't bother with shortVocalName when doing a lilypond version of Farnaby's
Ps 122 from that, but it is only three stanzas :).

Best wishes,
Matthew