Re: Aligning lyrics between rests

From: Kevin Zembower
Subject: Re: Aligning lyrics between rests
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 18:10:16 -0500

> Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:04:44 -0800
> From: Sarah k Alawami <address@hidden>
> To: lilly pond discuss discuss <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Aligning lyrics between rests
>
> I dont' recall anything in the tutorial about lyrics. Since I am still
>  learning about the visual world of music can you give an example  as
>  to why you would want to do this? Just curious here and I absorb
>  everything I learn in case I need it later.

Hi, Sarah,

What I'm trying to set is a handout for the congregation for liturgical
music sung partly by a choir and partly by the congregation. I don't
have the full score to work off of. I have a (poorly produced and
confusing) congregational handout that I'm trying to improve. The way we
sing it in my church, the choir sings, "You take away the sins of the
world" and the congregation sings the rest. The "You take away..." is
set with rests on the congregational handout, but I'm sure in the full
score, it shows what notes to sing. I hope this explains it.

-Kevin