RE: Footnotes to lyrics

From: Daniel Rosen
Subject: RE: Footnotes to lyrics
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:50:52 +0000

The exact error message that I got was:

error: syntax error, unexpected LYRICS_STRING
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice" { \footnote #'(1 . 1) "footnote"
                                                                 Lyric }

Changing Lyric to \markup "Lyric" gets me:

error: syntax error, unexpected LYRIC_MARKUP
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice" { \footnote #'(1 . 1) "footnote"
                                                                 \markup
"Lyric" }