Fwd: Problems with download.linuxaudio.org?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Fwd: Problems with download.linuxaudio.org?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 15:24:47 +0800

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2013/2/20 James Harkins <address@hidden>:
>> I just tried to download this:
>>
>> http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/linux-64/lilypond-2.16.2-1.linux-64.sh
>> Where else can I get it?
>
> What about http://www.lilypond.org/unix.en.html ?

That's a nice thought, but the installation file does not actually
live on www.lilypond.org. if you hover the mouse over the link for
"GNU/Linux 64: LilyPond 2.16.2-1," you'll see that the link points to
download.linuxaudio.org.

(The page you referenced is the first place I went to try to find the
installer.)

Anyway, building from source is not working very well either. Getting
a mite frustrated.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../flower/./out/library.a',
needed by `out/lilypond'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dlm/share/lilypond/build/lily'
make: *** [install] Error 2

What I did to get to this point:

1. Cloned the repository. Checked out the tag release/2.16.2-1, and
then "git checkout -b hjh2.16.2" (because I don't like staying
somewhere earlier than the head of a branch for too long).

2. sudo apt-get build-dep lilypond

3. ./autogen.sh --noconfigure

4. mkdir build/ && cd build/

5. mkdir ../myinstall

6. ../configure --prefix=$HOME/share/lilypond/myinstall

7. make install

???

Or maybe it's easier if somebody just uploads the amd64 Linux
installer to another server and gives me the URL?

hjh