Note Exercise, Guitar

From: pabuhr
Subject: Note Exercise, Guitar
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 10:46:45 -0800

I'm creating a simple note exercise for guitar students (see below).

I have 3 problems:

1. The lyric underscores are too close to the low E so there is no room to
   write the note name. How do I add extra padding (spacing) between the staff
   and the lyrics?

2. How do I "tweak" the vocalName under the treble clef rather than have it
   outside the staff lines?

3. How do I repeat the vocalName at the start of each lyric line rather than
   just having the vocalName on the first line?

Any suggests on how to do this better, would also be appreciated.

\language english
#(set-global-staff-size 28)

\paper {
    #(set-paper-size "letter")
    top-margin = 0.75\in
    markup-system-spacing #'padding = #3 % spacing between title and staff
    bottom-margin = 1.25\in
    ragged-last-bottom = ##f
    tagline = ##f
} % paper

\layout {
    \pointAndClickOff
    \override Score.LyricText #'font-size = #3
    \override Score.vocalName #'direction = #'(left)
    \override Score.vocalName #'X-offset = #5
    indent = 0
    \context {
        \Staff
        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"