Re: Orientation of Ornaments

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Orientation of Ornaments
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:31:13 +0100

"Mark Stephen Mrotek" <address@hidden> writes:

> Mr. Kastrup:
>
> Thank you for your reply and instructions. Changing the two "apostrophes" to
> one "quote" allowed the file to compile.
> As a beginning student of Lilypond (about six months) my inquiries are at a
> basic level. I appreciate your patience and that of others in the user's
> group.
>
> Although the file (see below) is generated, the mordents are above the chord
> rather than to the left of the middle pitches.
>
> mor =
> #(define-event-function (parser location)() #{ \tweak #'text \markup
>       { \fontsize #5 \musicglyph #"scripts.mordent" } -1
>         #})
> \relative c''
> {
>    \once \set fingeringDirections = #'(left)
> < g, c\mor e > r8 < d' f >
> \once \set fingeringDirections = #'(left)
> < c e\mor g >4 r8 < e c' > |
>  }
>
> Where is my error now?

You have been given a working example with the correct property names,
and LilyPond puts out a flurry of warnings about the wrong property
names:

warning: cannot find property type-check for `fingeringDirections'
(translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?

Computers are traditionally bad at divination, so starting with
copy&paste rather than retyping things and/or trying to go by memory
might be a good idea.

--
David Kastrup