Re: A must-see for anybody on this list

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: A must-see for anybody on this list
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:35:01 +1100

Truly inspiring to watch a master craftsman engraving. I too was astonished at the cutting of beams and stems without a rule, and the virtuoso slur engraving. When you consider slurs are thinner at the ends, there must a lessening of the graver pressure at the ends of the slur which is incredibly subtle. Astounding technique.

The video shows the plates in the archives 'lovingly preserved'. I note that the Henle website now has plates for sale for all of 31 euros each, for which I understand you get a random plate. So have they decided to disperse the collection and throw it away? Seems a great pity to lose such a valuable reference library of engraved material.

Andrew