RE: Space between Piano Staves

From: Javier Ruiz-Alma
Subject: RE: Space between Piano Staves
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 21:22:36 -0800 (PST)

>I want the space between one Piano staff and the next Piano staff to be the same for all variations even if a white space appears at the bottom the page.

Add a \paper block.  Use the "ragged" paper variables to disable Lilyponds vertically spreading staves.  Adjust the values of "basic-distance" below as needed to define a fixed distance between staves (systems):

\paper {
ragged-bottom = ##t %disable equal vertical distribution of staves for all pages
ragged-last-bottom = ##t %disable equal vertical distribution of staves on last page only
 %markup-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #12 %distance from header/title to 1st system
 %top-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #15 %dist. from top to 1st system when no titles exist
 system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #26  %fixed distance between systems in staff units
}

Documentation:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/fixed-vertical-spacing-_005cpaper-variables

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-_005cpaper-variables#list-of-flexible-vertical-spacing-_005cpaper-variables