Re: \harmonicsOff

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: \harmonicsOff
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:04:26 +0100

Am 21.01.2013 09:16, schrieb Eluze:
> \harmonicsOn/Off seem to work at a Voice level, so writing
> \new Voice {\harmonicsOn … \harmonicsOff … }
> will probably do it

As you say, it works with '\new Voice' but does not without.
I always thought that implicitely a Voice context is created and that a
command applies to the lowest context (which is Voice here) if not
stated otherwise.
So why does  {\harmonicsOn … \harmonicsOff … } not work?

If that is no special feature with a good reason, I would like to add
this item to the wishlist: Make \harmonicsOn and -Off working also in
implicit Voice contexts (just as \hideNotes \unHideNotes and similar
commands do).

Joram

PS: I remember \harmonic not working outside chords. But that has
changed. Are harmonics always a special case?