Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 06:17:16 +0100 (CET)

>> [...] it doesn't change the fact that it should be possible to
>> typeset scores in practically any language, if LilyPond wants to be
>> 'for everyone’.
>
> Covering European languages including all the eastern ones is a
> straightforward task. Cyrillic is non-trivial unless you have be
> trained.  I am glad I have the training! :-)

:-)

> To say all it sounds like you mean native american, African, Indic
> and Asian languages.  I suspect you don’t really mean this however.
> At lest not immediately.  Am I mistaken?

I think that all scripts except Latin and Cyrillic are out of scope of
this project.  Note that vocal scores of many classical operas have
been re-published in Japan, Taiwan, and Korea, using both a new music
typesetting and a CJK translation for the lyrics, but finding a
fitting CJK font is much easier since you don't have to take care of
the traditional font layout used hundred years ago.

    Werner